SharePoint Workflow Debugging "gotchas"
by Tobias Lekman, 18 November, 2008
The workflow templates that come with the SharePoint 2007 SDK have a good few issues.
Some of the "gotchas" around deployment and debugging include:
- To get the project wizard to work, the SharePoint site that you connect to must contain
- a task list
- a document library
- You need dbowner rights or equivalent directly on the SharePoint content database
- A copy of your feature.xml and workflow.xml has to remain inside the workflow project for use by the auto deployment
- The template properties wizard must complete successfully to create the debug deployment settings
- To rerun the wizard, select the project and the properties pane will show the wizard settings. Editing any of these reruns the wizard
- You need to be a site collection administrator on the site